Enter your information and a Smart Start representative will follow up with you as soon as possible to schedule your installation. Thanks for your business!
What is the difference between a car breathalyzer, a vehicle interlock system, a blow & go, and an ignition interlock device? An ignition interlock device is the proper term for devices sometimes referred to as many other names. What you call it is not as important as the role it plays in stopping drunk driving. Smart Start of Alabama offers many products and at very affordable prices with low-cost installation and service.
Smart Start of Alabama provides the most advanced, discreet, and simple-to-use products to separate drinking from driving. Whether you're a new customer, an existing customer, or an authority or attorney signing up a client, Smart Start of Alabama has the right solution for you.
Most of our customers will have either the SSI-20/20 or SSI-20/30 plus a corresponding relay or logger installed in their vehicle. These car devices provide optimal value, design, and usability. They offer a large format viewing screen, user-friendly operations, a sleek and discreet design, and fast and accurate results to get you back on the road more quickly.
We do also offer portable devices which are sometimes useful in various situations:
- monitoring teen drivers
- providing support and accountability for a family member or friend struggling with alcohol addiction
- keeping an eye on a parent’s behavior as part of a child custody case
- allowing health professionals to check up on addiction and rehabilitation patients
- making sure employees and workplace drivers are sober on the job
- helping you quickly and conveniently monitor your own drinking
The S.M.A.R.T. (Sobriety Monitoring and Reporting Technology) mobile device is a battery-operated portable device that measures the alcohol content (BAC) in the user’s breath. It meets evidence-based practices, monitors all client risk levels, is court admissible, and offers customized tests such as scheduled, random, or on-demand.
The features offered on various base models differ, but additional options can usually be added when requested. Two of our most popular features include:
- Positive ID camera: Helps to positively identify the end user of the device, has tamper detection features, and offers peace of mind to the end user and authority
- GPS modem: Allows quicker notifications and reporting, is compatible with all Smart Start interlocks, can be used with or without a camera unit, and offers additional convenience when permitted by authority
If you choose Smart Start of Alabama you are choosing the most experienced, technologically advanced, and customer service oriented ignition interlock provider in the industry.
With all of the interlock devices out there, we know choosing the right one can seem like a daunting task. We also know that the terminology used to describe the devices can be just as challenging to understand. What is an IID? What is a BAIID (Breath Alcohol Ignition Interlock Device)? While the jargon used to describe these devices can be complex and confusing, our qualified team of experts is ready to answer all of your questions and to make the process as easy as possible. Call us or fill out our contact form and one of our staff members will be in touch to discuss which product is right for you!
- Sign Up Now & Save
20% on Your Installation!
Thank You! A Smart Start representative will contact you as soon as possible.
I'm Brand New to Smart Start
I'm Already a Customer
I'm An Authority or Attorney