Enter your information and a Smart Start representative will follow up with you as soon as possible to schedule your installation. Thanks for your business!
Once you've made your appointment for an interlock car device to be installed in your vehicle, you're on the right track to getting back on the road. The process is not difficult, but we know that many customers are already under stress during this time. Understanding a little about the initial appointment may relieve some of the worries you have.
When you set up your appointment, we'll talk about specific things you need to bring to your interlock installation appointment. Here are just a few things we may ask you to bring:
- picture ID and proof of residency (utility bill, cable bill, or credit card statement with address)
- vehicle registration (In the event you have just purchased the vehicle or lost your registration all you need to bring in is proof of purchase or ownership. If you do not own the vehicle, the owner will be required to sign a waiver which will allow you to install the device into their vehicle.)
- the vehicle (You will need to be sure your vehicle is in good working order. If you are unsure about your battery, starter, or alternator, please have a mechanic test your system to be sure it is working properly. The ignition interlock is an electronic piece of equipment which is powered by your vehicle. If your battery, alternator, or starter/ignition system is not functioning properly, it will not allow the unit to function properly. We do not install our devices on any inoperable vehicles.)
- court order and name of person who should receive your reports (monitoring authority)
- payment in the form of cash, debit, or credit (unless told otherwise when scheduling)
Plan to be at the service center for approximately 2 hours for installation. Monthly visits may be shorter.
We will make sure you're comfortable using the newly installed equipment. Training will be provided via video, written documents, and hands-on instruction of the device and its functions from the technician.
Always expect exceptional customer service when you come into a Smart Start of Alabama location. From the time you call to schedule your appointment until we remove your device, you can expect courteous and prompt service from all of our qualified technicians and customer service representatives. Just complete our contact form to easily get the process started!
- Sign Up Now & Save
20% on Your Installation!
Thank You! A Smart Start representative will contact you as soon as possible.
I'm Brand New to Smart Start
I'm Already a Customer
I'm An Authority or Attorney